Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 11, 2016

blessed assurance...

From Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young:

December 11th

I AM WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF. Bring me all your concerns, including your dreams. Talk with me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans. Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality. This is a very practical way of collaborating with Me. I, the Creator of the universe, have deigned to cocreate with you. Do not try to hurry this process. If you want to work with Me, you have to accept My time frame. Hurry is not in My nature. Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise, a son. How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child! Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses.

PSALM 36:9; GENESIS 21:1-7; HEBREWS 11:1   AMP

Today I head East for a few days. TLC’s Hubby goes out of state for job training. I’m truly looking forward to being with My Girls! The weather here in Texas is cold. Finally. (And, yet, we don’t much like it! Temps in the 50s and 60s are our preference. Of course. Fall. I could love that year round. I'm serious. Well, okay, let’s throw a little Springtime in there, too. For good measure.)

Christmas seems to be approaching FAST—to “big” people. To the “little ones?” The time is crawling. I remember that—don’t y’all? Thinking Santa was taking FOREVER to arrive. Seeing her gifts under their tree, Little Leighton (aka LL aka Biscuit) is becoming frustrated. TLC is actually afraid she’s going to peek. Open them up and then try to get them wrapped back! (TLC went through this dilemma. Actually, I believe she’s confessed to succeeding, a few times, at finding out what were in her gifts. Toot. I was too much of a Rule-Follower. If you told me not to do something? I complied. I’m still 98% that way! Teeheehee. Won’t go into the remaining 2% at this point.) It’s like a slow, confusing torture to our tots. I have moments now, as I did when TLC was a child, of feeling a bit guilty about the stories we tell about Santa. Is it our first, significant disappointment? Deception? I don’t know. Mostly I think of it as a part of life. What we all survived for the lessons we were to learn.

I’m wondering if this time, the Christmas season, is actually the beginning of our children’s/grandchildren’s training to have faith. Faith in the goodness of Santa Claus/Generosity/Kindness. Faith in God and Jesus. Faith in Their holy “time frame.”

Y'all remember: I’m not a patient person. Never have been. Don’t think I ever will be. I do try. I pray for patience. Daily. I take deep breaths. I attempt to distract myself with other things. I force myself to stay busy. I’m also a worrier. Both of these traits/issues? Not so good. Not a testament to my personal faith, right? I’ll keep trying to be/do better. I’ll never stop working on it. Today. Every day. I do so love My Dear Lord God Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Hope each of you Sweet Peas has a Splendid Sunday and WONDERFUL Week! PLEASE be patient and faithful. Don’t worry. Be HAPPY!

Hugs and BIG Sunday Smooches…

No comments: